Quantcast

[Pgfplots-features] y-axis discontinuity

[Pgfplots-features] y-axis discontinuity

Heiner Litz
Hi,
I need a broken (or dicontinued) y-axis for a bar plot. The pgfplot
command axis y discontinuity only allows to break the axis near zero. Is
there any way to to the break for a specific coordinate range, say
(100-1000). This would allow me to plot both values within the 0-100
range as well as for the 1000+ range.

An example would be this: http://peltiertech.com/images/2011-11/Ybroken.png

thanks, Heiner

Re: [Pgfplots-features] y-axis discontinuity

Christian Feuersaenger-3
Hello Heiner,

thanks for the interesting request.

I will think about it and I have wrote it down on the pgfplots feature
request list.

Best regards

Christian

Am 31.03.2012 02:36, schrieb Heiner Litz:

> Hi,
> I need a broken (or dicontinued) y-axis for a bar plot. The pgfplot
> command axis y discontinuity only allows to break the axis near zero. Is
> there any way to to the break for a specific coordinate range, say
> (100-1000). This would allow me to plot both values within the 0-100
> range as well as for the 1000+ range.
>
> An example would be this: http://peltiertech.com/images/2011-11/Ybroken.png
>
> thanks, Heiner

Re: [Pgfplots-features] y-axis discontinuity

mastermirko
Hello Christian,
Are there news about the implementation of this feature? Cause I also am in the need to use it...

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Mirko
Regards,

      Mirko

Re: [Pgfplots-features] y-axis discontinuity

Christian Feuersaenger-3
Hello Mirko,

there is no progress for this particular feature.

If someone has a patch proposal: feel free to email it to me.

Best regards

Christian